Enzytec™ Color GlucaTest®
Art. No.: E3500 / E3550
Quantitative determination of high molecular weight ß-Glucan from barley in malt-mash and wort (EBC 4.16.3, MEBAK 188.8.131.52.2), in combination with sample extraction method EBC 4.5.1. The assay does not involve any enzyme, the reaction is a chemical / colorimetric reaction (therefore it belongs ot the product line Enzytec™ Color).
Two test-kits are available for respectively 40 tests (Art. No. E3500) and 160 tests (Art. No. E3550).
The determination of the ß-Glucan concentration is important for the malt and beer industry.
The test has been developed by the company NovaBiotec – Dr. Fechter GmbH and production has been transferred to R-Biopharm AG. The raw materials and the production procedures for the original GlucaTest® Rapid assay (NovaBiotec) and the new Enzytec Color Gluca Test kits are identical. Only the packaging has been slightly changed in order to fit to the new production facilities.
- Easy: Principle of photometric test; without special sample preparation; without additional laboratory equipment.
- Fast: Results after 30 minutes reaction time & quasi-online process control is possible.
- Favorable: Savings compared to conventional methods of analysis.
- Reliable: High correlation between photometric and fluorometric methods.
|Art. No||E3500 / E3550|
|Test format||• GlucaTest S125 (E3500) = 40 tests |
(1 x 125 ml solution A + calibrator set),
• GlucaTest L500 (E3550) = 160 tests
(4 x 125 ml solution A + calibrator set)
|Sample preparation||The method for sample preparation has been described under EBC method 4.5.1 (Extract of malt: Congress mash). It is mandatory to prepare the samples according to this method if the test is used according to EBC 4.16.3.|
|Incubation time||30 minutes|
barley in malt-mash and wort
|Evaluation||Colorimetric assay (550 nm)|