Online presentation 30th March 2020 at 14:00
GMO real-time PCR analysis – New approaches: using multiplex panels
R-Biopharm invites you to take part in an online presentation (English language) to be held on 30th March 2020 at 14:00 pm, dedicated to looking at challenges and limitations in GMO analysis and how general routine labs may handle this issues.
For farming, the co-existence between conventional and organic production is difficult and part of intensive controversial discussion. For laboratories, the challenge will be to differentiate organic form non-organic (GMO containing) food, feed, and other material as textile fibers, but also to identify and quantify positive results. A certain challenge is the variety of possible GMO events, stacked events and new GMO products, which might come to market.
Presented will be:
- Introduction about classical and new GMO constructs and events
- Legal European declaration rules and process
- Screening, identification and quantification procedure based on this regulations
- VLOG as an example of a non-profit non-GMO label and specific demands
- Current possibilities of efficient screening and limitations (e.g. for stack events)
- Outlook on new GMO technologies (CRISPR) and for new analytical technologies
Non è più possibile iscriversi alla presentazione online in quanto risulta conclusa.